After earning my college degree and pursuing my graduate studies, I have just come to realize that I want to know more about computer programming. I wanted to have a crash course on this that I even talked to my friends who knew a little of this and that about programming so that I can be able to lessen my expenses on this things. Sad to say that my spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, in other words I really wanted to do it but I don’t have enough time for it!:)
How I wish that I am one of those who knows about programming skills in DB2 and even in XML and database technology. If I do have those skills, I’d rather joined their competition named the IDUG contest for developers like students, professionals and hobbyists who wanted to increase an awareness and familiarity with XQuery, XML and DB2.
It’s so simple…just register ONE or ALL of the five tracks which varies the different skill levels below:
- * Video Contest: Invent a creative use of XML, XQuery or DB2 and record yourself doing it.
- * Gadget Contest: Develop a downloadable gadget or widget leveraging DB2.
- * Query Contest: Use XQuery to find five answers. The best queries win the best prizes!
- * Ported App Contest1: Port or develop a new app for DB2. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
- * XML2 Contest: Win by building useful, user-friendly XML apps from scratch. Enter as an individual or assemble a team.
Of course there will be great offers of recognition and set of prizes on each contest. Who knows you might be one of them….So hurry up and join now!