This is what I've learned in helping to slow down and enjoy meals more. Here are some of the few tricks:
- Keep distractions to a minimum so you can focus on your food.
- Serve small portions. You can have seconds or eat more later if you’re hungry again.
Stay tuned in to each bite.
- Take a couple of sips of water between bites.
- Give yourself plenty of time to feel full. It may take 20 minutes for your satisfied stomach to send a signal to your brain.
- Aim for three-quarters full instead of stuffed.