You have a thirst for travel, were born wanting to see as much of the world as you can. If you’ve been able to achieve that goal, then you probably have a lot of very cool memorabilia.
A gallery wall is an eclectic way to show off many mediums at once. If you have an empty wall in your home, dedicate it to showing off your adventures.
- You don’t have to only display things you bought on your trips; mixing in other decorations to fit the theme can make a fun statement. A world map wall clock, for example, might be a fun addition.
- Mix and match picture frames. You can have all of them be one color or have none of them match. The choice is yours!
- Display items of all kinds from your travels: masks, banners, newspapers, plane tickets, etc. The more variety the more interesting the display.
If you have collections that require a 360-degree display, look into shelving units. Mounted on the wall or built-in, shelves are a dramatic way to show off your memories.
- If you’re on a budget, simple bookcases can work as a curio cabinet for things like glass figurines. You can find these at secondhand shops for cheap, and a quick spray painting job will make them look brand new.
- IKEA carries shelving units that come in many colors and customizable options. Bear in mind that you will need to put it all together though; the furniture does not come preassembled.
- Custom cabinets built into a room can draw attention to what you want to display. If funds allow, look into carpenters nearby who can build something perfect for you.
Let your wanderlust decorate your home. It took you a lifetime to make it to these destinations, so stop hiding your treasures in a box and proudly put them on display.