UK based family own window cleaning business Complete Cleaning Services Ltd has recently completed a research project on the cleaning habits of the general public in the UK. The most interesting thing their study revealed was that 70% of people in the country do not have the time to clean their homes properly. This was surprising, as the NHS has only recently released information suggesting properties are too clean, leading to people with low immunity to common germs and bacteria.
Recent research has demonstrated that 70% of Britons do not have sufficient time to clean their home daily. Indeed, 57% of people admitted to occasionally living in a “pigsty” due to not having enough time. Finally, more than 20% admitted that their homes were so messy that they would refuse entry to other people.
Complete Cleaning Services explained that people are leading increasingly busy lives, making it difficult to juggle everything. It seems that keeping a home clean and spotless is low on the list of priorities. However, it also shows that many people are unhappy with the way their homes look, which is alarming since cleaning can be done in small daily chunks. It is a known fact that keeping on top of the small jobs stops any need for huge, time consuming cleaning projects at a later stage.
The study looked at 2,000 people from across the UK, all of whom were over the age of 18 and lived independently. The results were fascinating, finding that 63% would prefer their home to be cleaner. Of these, the survey asked why they didn’t clean it more, which showed that:
- 50% did not have enough time to clean.
- 39% didn’t like cleaning.
- 21% believe they are not good at cleaning.
At the same time, however, almost 25% of people felt that the state of their home was the least of their worries.
Other interesting results included:
- 42% never cleaned their home fully, from top to bottom.
- One average, the last time people gave their home a full clean was 5 months ago.
- 10% hadn’t cleaned their bathroom in a month.
- 10% admitted to not having ironed in a year.
- 5% did not wash their clothes.
- 10% hadn’t used a hoover in a month.
- 10% hadn’t used a duster in six months.
- 5% hadn’t mopped in a year.
- 5% never cleaned their windows.
- 60% did not believe their home would ever be spotless.
· One third had visitors comment on the mess.
- 50% argued about the mess with their partners.
- 73% of people hide mess behind the sofa or under cushions.
- 90% believed they were tidy people.
Paul Jenkins from Complete Cleaning Services said:
“We advise people commit to doing just a few tasks every week, or even just one task a day. This would stop them from needing an entire day for cleaning. Doing it this was requires just a tiny bit of effort, but the effects are huge. Plus, it means that the 90% of people who believe that they are clean will actually be right in their belief!”
“People often feel fulfilled and in control when their house is clean and they are on top of the various domestic jobs. If people stop seeing it as a chore, for instance by putting some of their favourite music on while cleaning, they will get a lot more enjoyment out of it as well. Cleaning is a chance to step away from the thousands of other responsibilities people have every day. There are so many products out there designed to make cleaning easy, there really is no excuse.”
Post a Comment